Sunday, March 31, 2013

I am feeling that Old Man Winter is almost through for the year. Yesterday my crocuses were blooming and today is Easter. Christ is risen. He is risen indeed! He has conquered sin and death. His stripes are we healed and his death paid the sacrifice for those sins. His blood covers them and makes our adoption as children of God complete and eternal. Amen.

He died. He died, for me he died.
Jesus my Lord was crucified,
Crucified on Calvary's hill.
He died and yet he liveth still.
Christ came to Earth fully aware
Of sin's burden he was to bear.
His great love made him bear the pain
That each soul salvation might gain.
He bore the cross, the nails, the thorn.
He bore the torment and the scorn.
He bore it all and even died
That I could in Heaven abide.
He took my sins, its rot and stench
To the cross and sin's debt he'd quench.
Believers can know peace and rest
Away from sins that would infest.
He gave up great mansions above;
Yielding hi life, his will, his love,
For our salvation, he gave all.
Will you yield to his loving call?

I pulled this from my archives. I hope that you enjoy it. I enjoyed rereading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment