Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wow. Yesterday was miserable. I had a headache almost all day long. It was one of those horrible ones that made me sick to my stomach and I didn't want to eat. I was almost afraid to take my medications for fear that I'd toss them back up. It is unbelievable how good I feel the day after when the headache has gone.
I like to write my blog early in the morning when it is quiet, before the problems of the day intrude. Sometimes I even walk after I write to get some exercise into my loose schedule. Then I try to write a poem for the next day.
I went to my writer's group meeting yesterday, even though I felt sick. It is my time to get out of the house for me. I like the group so much and the people are so friendly. When I drove over, on the seat beside me was my emesis basin. I still felt ill from the headache, but I was determined to go. I left the group a bit early, but I did stay long enough to enjoy the camaraderie.

I love the beauty of the horse; sleek, smooth, and muscular.
Whether at rest or on the run, they're truly wonderful.
Their beauty is more than their coats, they're intelligent too.
Chestnuts, sorrels, pale grays, or browns, they're dressed in various hues.
Dappled, blacks, buckskins, and pintos, Palominos and whites.
Appaloosas, roans, and grullas, work horses bred for their might.
Ponies, Arabians, Morgans, Percherons and Clydesdales.
Wild mustangs, broncos, or Belgians, in groomed fields, prairies, or vales.
In an arena or stable, mountainside or Amish farms,
Powerful stallion snorts with pride, in open fields or in barns.
Mare nursing a foal at her side, all are pleasing to my eye
Light plays across their muscled backs as they run free 'neath the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment