Friday, February 8, 2013

I've been thinking since yesterday about a message that a friend of mine wrote on face book. It was only "I love you, Mom."
It made me think of my mom and how I wish I had told her more often how much I loved her. She passed away almost seven years ago. She died on 24, March on the anniversary of my wife's death three years before. I just got back from admitting my dad to the hospital with another bout of pneumonia. It makes you realize just how fragile life can be.
Actually saying "I love you" was something that my dad never did. He showed his love by doing things for us and with us.
When I visit him I always tell him, "I love you, Dad." and recently he has said "Love you." back to me. With Valentine's day so near, I thought it would be appropriate to say something about love.

Dear Mom,
Just a note to let you know
It's been almost seven years
Since I said, "I love you so."
Through times of laughter and tears;
Through times of sickness and health;
You gave us what we needed.
Humor and love was your wealth,
But stood firm when not heeded.

Alzheimer's dulled your sharp brain.
It hurt me to see you that way.
I know when we meet again
It will be a brand new day.
When I can say, "I love you!"
All throughout those endless days.
Ev'ry day will be brand new.
Thank you for your selfless ways.
Thank you Mom for all you've done.
Thank you for your love and care.
This comes from a grateful son,
Mom you were without compare.
           I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment