Monday, November 15, 2021

Lazy today, so I'm sharing a poem I'd written earlier.
 
Reflections
I stare into a still glassy pond,
Bright stars and full faced moon float in its ink.
Each sparkle reflected on its smooth surface.
Moonlight sends roots into the murky depths.
Light weakens and fades seeks the bottom.
Sooty darkness surrounds.

I gaze at ebon sky overhead.
Where bright stars and full moon hang on dark hooks.
Each twinkle escapes night’s strong and chilling grasp.
Beams of soft moonlight send ladders to climb
Fragile milky rungs extend earthward,
Night’s illusion of stairs.

I peer down the dark well of my soul,
Bright thoughts and memories shine in the gloom’
Softly shift and flicker from times long ago.
Faith and hope still live, sending new green shoots,
Fragile links from past to the present,
Reminisce and promise.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment