Monday, March 7, 2022

The Heavens Declare

More and more I am in awe of the sunrises and sunsets, the hues displayed in the sky, and the various shapes and types of clouds. Many mornings and evenings I will share on Facebook the view from my house. Many mornings as the sun crawls over the horizon, band and rays of light fill the sky to the east and many evenings the entire western sky is aglow as if there was a raging forest fire just below the horizon. There didn’t seem to be a cloud to reflect the golden flush that lit the western heavens. It often has almost a burnished bronze appearance. I don’t know if it’s just me or whether as I grow older, I notice it more, but I definitely feel that God is saying that He is still in control and He is making the world extra beautiful in its last days. Enjoy it before I remake heaven and the new world.

So many times I see clouds that have obtained shapes that seem designed by the hands of a skilled artist. Some clouds are fluffy and full, while others are feathery light. Just a few days ago the clouds were converted to an ominous gray with bluish tinges. They rolled in bearing ice and rain. Strong winds stirred them and hustled them along.

Sometimes the sky has the color of skim milk’s pale blue hue, pale almost to the point of no color at all. Yesterday the sky was a soft blue, warmed by the sun until the sun set. The unaccustomed warmth seemed to char it and change it, slowly darkening it to a rich violet at dusk then into the darkness of night as the sun disappears to continue its journey to the other side of the Earth.

Before I stumbled into bed, I looked up into the darkness overhead. The stars and moon were hiding in an overcast sky. Like the glaze on a donut with sprinkles, clouds spread themselves across the firmament in a thin layer. Where the glaze was thinnest, tiny pinpricks of light from a star escaped and made itself known. I can hardly wait to see what the morning brings.

Psalm 19: 1 “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment