Sunday, March 27, 2022

 

Co-Inky-Dinks

Co-inky-dinks is slang for coincidences; odd things that will occur on happenstance, incidents that randomly seem to mesh together without rhyme or reason. That’s what happened this last Friday, a serendipitous and accidental coupling of events that turned out to be good fortune and a blessing in disguise. The events were clustered around my appointment to get my taxes done. That appointment time was something that would have been difficult to shift or change.

The claims adjuster called to change the time for her to photograph the auto damage from the accident on Monday in the Wal-Mart parking lot. The insurance company that she worked for cancelled one appointment and with the gasoline prices she was trying to consolidate travel time and distance.

We did a little ping pong, back and forth and being the gentle caring person that I am, I added a few other stops on my schedule to make our meeting coincide. I decided to drop off several postcards that my brother-in-law and his wife sent to Retha Morrison and were part of my postcard collection. It would mean more to them than to me. Both Kevin and Beverly were home and we reminisced talking for about half an hour.

I also decided to stop by the Indian Creek Baptist Church Cemetery in Mill Run, Pennsylvania to visit the grave of my wife Cindy. Thursday was nineteen years since her passing. She didn’t like “fake” flowers, but it was too cold to put out live plants. I took along a grapevine cross with just a few fake tulips on it. After placing the cross, I’d planned to eat lunch at Brenda’s restaurant, but they were closed due to a gas leak.

Getting back to the claims adjuster, she had an appointment later in Mill Run, so I thought I could save her time and mileage by not driving to my home. I decided to eat lunch at See-Mor’s Grill in Normalville, Pennsylvania. It was along the road the claims adjuster would take and shorten her trip. I ordered the special NY strip steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a salad. I’d just finished when the claims adjuster pulled in. I couldn’t run out, because I had to pay my bill. When I got outside, the adjuster was about to photograph a white car at the Video part of See-Mor’s. The coincidence was that the other car also white and had front end damage. After I caught her attention, she took photos of my vehicle and left.

PS- I do have to write a check to the Infernal Revenue Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment