Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Chasing my Tail

Sunday and Monday I felt as though I was chasing my tail; small as it is. It seemed like I had a lot of things to do and accomplished very little. Our van ministry had a request for two young ladies to catch a ride for our teen ministry. They were riders in the past, but moved. The drivers for our van are limited and the girls move stretched our capacity to collect them with the other teens. The loop would have been much too wide. Van drivers and assistants already spend an hour and thirty minutes collecting the riders and another hour and thirty minutes to ferry them home again. Two extra passengers would have added twenty minutes more onto the routes. Van workers are volunteers and to ask more was out of the question. Our assistant pastor and I rubbed heads trying to solve the problem. We were finally able to find someone to collect them for one night. The problem still isn’t solved, but we kicked the can down the road.

Monday I had some things to drop off for my daughter. While I was out, I decided to grab a few groceries. Because of the wide variety of items I needed, I went to Wal-Mart figuring I could get everything with one stop, simple right? Not quite. As I was driving away turning down the lane in the parking lot, a man backed his truck out of a handicapped slot and into the front of my car. I wasn’t injured, but it did shake me up. After exchanging the information, I drove to my nearby insurance agency and began the process of placing a claim. It also allowed me to settle my nerves for a few moments. The collision and body shop I was planning on using was near as well and headed there next. I was fortunate. The gentleman said that they usually only accept appointments, but he wasn’t busy at the moment and obliged me with an estimate and taking photographs. He gave me a date to return, saying that they would be keeping my car for three days.

Once that was finished, I visited the car rental place. I already knew that I would need a vehicle. My schedule doesn’t allow me to be a stay-at-home hermit for three days. After nearly three hours, I finally made it home. I was tired and worn out and didn’t do my daily walk. Tuesday I walked for 45 minutes, hopefully to get back on schedule.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment