Wednesday, March 2, 2022

 

 

Daddy’s Day Out

Selfish person that I am, yesterday I decided that I needed a day to myself. I had a few chores that I’d been putting off. I’ve said in the past that I’m frugal and spending money is not my favorite thing to do. I once had a table jig saw. I’d used it for many years until it decided to make more noise and vibrate instead of making the detail cutting I needed for craft items. I decided it was time to buy another one, my woodworking chores had staked up and my hand held jig saw just wasn’t “cutting it.” I couldn’t control the cutting as closely as I liked and the fine detail was being lost.

Monday I stopped at a hardware store in Mt Pleasant to see if they had what I needed. They did, but it was a saw more for a professional and not a hobbyist like me. I about swallowed my teeth to see a $549.00 price tag on it. Don’t get me wrong, it had a light and a hose to blow away the sawdust, but I didn’t need a Rolls Royce. So, I made a day for myself to hunt for a jigsaw. I tried one chain hardware store that offers less expensive tools with no luck. Next, I tried the Lowe’s. They had what I was looking for at a reasonable price. Veterans and active military, is given a discount with proof of service.

Next I wandered through an antique shop. I saw a lot beautiful things, but didn’t buy.

I’ve had in mind to look for a small pistol. I visited another retail store and saw a small 380 Ruger pistol but like many places they were low on ammunition and had none for the Ruger. Many of their shelves were bare. I had a long wait until the paperwork cleared and I was able to take my purchase home.

I made a few other stops at stores that usually had ammunition, but wasn’t able to find any. It was time to eat a late lunch. Dairy Queen was close by and I decided to relax with a chicken sandwich and French fries. Belly full, I headed home. On my Daddy Day tour, I was able to talk with several people. One was a friendly Pastor of another Independent church. Of course I passed out a few of my “calling cards” with the information about my Blogspot. All in all, it was a very nice and productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment