Wednesday, July 14, 2021

 

Vacation Soon?

Retirement hasn't been exactly what I imagined it to be. I thought of those restful days, reading, writing, and possibly painting. I thought when I could an occasional vacation, I'd go on a journey. But now that I've aged a bit more, my legs can't handle riding in a car for hours or being crowded into a seat while flying. Even though I am frugal, I may have to upgrade to first class to be able to stretch out my legs instead of being shoehorned into a tight space like a sardine.

Each week I think will be slower than the last, I'm proved wrong. I am still in the middle of my cardiac rehabilitation Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I still have Wednesday workday at the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society and prayer meeting Wednesday evening. My friend and usual traveling partner has gone off with the youth of or church to the Bill Rice Ranch in Murfreesboro, Tennessee for a week of summer camp. The ranch was started to allow the hearing impaired to have a summer camp for free,. It also allows others to attend who have no impairment. While she's gone, I have to collect her niece from summer school and deliver to her home. It just adds a bit more to my schedule. I am making the best out of it. She wanted to give me money for gasoline, but I didn't want to take money that she'd earned, so I suggested a trade. I'm getting her to detail my car. Not too shabby a deal.

I have cousins who live in the Orlando, Florida area. I was stationed there in the early 70's and haven't been back. I left before Disneyworld opened and have no desire to visit, but I have cousins that have been trying to entice me to visit them. This may be the year. Later when the Florida weather cools a bit and the beaches are less crowded, it may be the appropriate time. Who knows, I might even find something more interesting to write about in my blog and to gather a few more postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment