Friday, July 30, 2021

 

Feeling Off Kilter

Yesterday I found that when I bent over I felt dizzy. I thought it might be my sinuses so I took a Claritin tablet. My nose was running. I thought it would clear up. It seemed to pass and I worked outside cleaning the moss and grass that covered my stone walkway from the front of my house to the new small deck near the rear. I had extended the rock walk to be the final step from the deck and connected it to the original walkway. I had to countersink the stones so I could mow over them. I still felt off balance on occasion.

I showered just before the tornado warning was announced on television. A neighbor about a mile away saw the heavy rotation and dark clouds, but it didn't touch down on her farm. I had an appointment with my chiropractor. Old age and my sciatica and stiff neck needed some adjustments. When I rose from the chiropractor's table, I had another episode of dizziness and had to sit for a bit before I could walk out of the office. I had no problem driving home, but occasionally I felt off balance and couldn't visit the families from the church van ministry. I felt bad that I wasn't able and felt guilty that I'd left the assistant pastor down, but I didn't trust myself diving the church van. I napped after I ate my evening meal and took my medications. When I woke, I recalled my cardiac rehab nurses asked if I drank electrolyte fluids after I worked outside or had taken my blood pressure when I felt dizzy. I hadn't done either before. It caused me to dig out my blood pressure cuff and check my pressure. I was surprised to find it was elevated, not just once, but several times. I took a blood pressure pill I hadn't been taking because my pressures have been good. I guess I'll see today when I go for my cardiac rehab if things are working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment