Friday, July 2, 2021

REVENGE

Have you ever plotted to get revenge on someone that has done you wrong? Whether it was a slight real or imagined has your thoughts gone into flights of fantasy? In the past as a youth, I may have actually imagined elaborate vengeful plots to assuage my bruised ego, heart, and mind. Now as a word smith, I can write the “villain” into the plot of my story and allow my imagination to run free and torture the subject with my wrath until I actually cause them to repent or disappear in a whirlwind of fury.

One event in my younger days when I actually allowed revenge to surface was in the parking lot at the old Pechin’s parking lot. The lot was a series of interconnecting potholes and cars parked helter-skelter. Some idiot decided to create a third line and parked my car in. I couldn’t leave. Having perishables in the car, I became more and more upset in the summer heat. Another shopper came out and I was able to leave, but before I left, I emptied a bottle of ketchup on the windshield of the thoughtless driver who made the third row.

One exception to the imagined attempt at revenge happened when I found a dirty disposable diaper tossed from a car in my front yard. A pooped Pamper was so disgusting it makes me believe there should be a way to trace disposable diapers back to the person who bought them. It caused me to return the diaper to the inconsiderate person who deposited it on my front lawn. It made me want to be able to shove it in the parent of the child’s face. My wife Cindy and I always carried a plastic bag inside of our car to collect diapers until we could put them in a trash receptacle. No roadside littering for us other than spitting out a chewed stick of gum.

I did find a dozen red roses in my front yard after the diaper discovery, but I am sure it wasn’t an apology for the pooped Pamper. It was just a coincidence. The roses were fresh and lasted for nearly a week in a vase on the center of my dining room table. I was thinking of the reason for the roses being in my yard. Either they were forgotten on the roof of a car and blew off or a disgruntled girlfriend tossed her boyfriend’s apology out the window in an act of revenge.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment