Monday, August 8, 2016


Glorious Sunrise

I was up early to have blood drawn for my doctor’s appointment later in the week. I was greeted by one of the most beautiful and glorious sunrises I’d ever seen. It almost made the blood draw seem pleasant. The sunrise only got more beautiful as I drove. It was difficult for me to keep my eyes on the road, especially when the clouds to the west were alight with the vibrant pinks from the rising sun to the east. I looked at the sky as gaps in the foliage appeared; first to my left then to my right, the panorama of colored clouds went on and on.
The vibrant pinks of the clouds seemed to have their own life, separate from the fiery orange that blazed at the horizon as the sun rose. It was impressive. A constantly changing exuberance of colors and shapes dominated the morning sky.
I noticed that other folk thought the same thing. Several people stopped and were taking pictures with cell phones and tablets.
After my blood work was drawn and I was driving home, I was amazed that the sky was still filled with colored clouds. Even though they were less intense, they were still beautiful none the less. The contrails of passing jets crisscrossed the pale blue sky and for some reason they remained white adding another layer of color to the kaleidoscope of this morning’s sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment