Wednesday, July 27, 2016


The Heavens Declare

More and more I am in awe of the sunrises and sunsets, the hues of the skies, and the varied shapes and types of clouds. Last evening, the entire western sky was aglow as if there was a raging forest fire just below the horizon. There didn’t seem to be a cloud to reflect the golden flush that lit the western heavens. It had almost a burnished bronze appearance. I don’t know whether it is just me, growing older and noticing it more, but I definitely feel that God is saying I am still in control. I am making the world extra beautiful in its last days. Enjoy it before I remake the heavens and the world.
So many times, the clouds have gained the shapes as if designed by the hands of an artist. Some are fluffy and full, while others are feathery and light. Just a few days ago, the clouds were converted to an ominous gray, with bluish tinges. They came, bearing lightning, and rain. The winds stirred their shapes and hustled them along.
Yesterday and today, the color of the sky has a skim milk blue hue; pale almost to the point of no color at all. Yesterday, it changed to a soft blue, until it was warmed by the sunset. The heat charred it, changing it. The color slowly darkened to a violet at dusk then to the darkness of night as the sun continues its journey to the other side of the Earth.
Before I stumbled into bed, I looked up into the darkness overhead. The stars and moon were hiding in an overcast sky. Like the glaze on a donut, the clouds spread themselves across the firmament in a thin layer. Where the glaze was thinnest, a tiny pinprick of light from a star escaped and made itself known. I could hardly wait to see what the morning has brought.
Oversleeping, I missed a chance to see the sun rise, but a rain shower has come through, bringing a thick blanket of clouds. The sun is trying to burn a hole in it and begin a new day.
Psalm 19: 1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

No comments:

Post a Comment