Friday, May 3, 2024

 Saddened
Very recently two older Godly ladies have passed away. I was blessed to know them both, one for a relatively short period of time and the other much of my life. The lady I knew for the shorter amount of time lived in Citrus Heights, California. She was my friend’s Aunt Leah Taynton. I flew to California three years ago with my friend Kathy to visit. I wrote about that adventure and the wonderful time we had during theat vacation. She passed away a week ago.
It was a trip my friend and I almost didn’t make. We stayed the night before the flight at a hotel and in the middle of the night, I remembered I’d need my driver’s license to board the plane. It was at home, tucked inside of my checkbook. I didn’t think I’d need my checkbook and left it at my house. We quickly drove home to fetch it, We made it back in time to eat a “Continental breakfast” before being driven to the airport.
Leah’s death was a surprise and relatively sudden.
The second lady was Miss Jessie Husak. She was a long-time member of our church. Foor as long as I can remember she has been a Sunday school teacher, teaching the younger children. She became ill and was admitted to the hospital. She underwent abdominal surgery in an attempt to correct the problem. With her age and the amount of surgery required, she couldn’t recover. She too passed away. Her funeral is Saturday.
The sadness that the friends and family have is tempered by the knowledge that both these ladies knew Jesus as their Savior and are now walking the streets of heaven. They are with their loved ones who are already there. That is where the comfort lies.
First Corinthians 15:55-57 O DEATH, WHERE IS THY STING? O GRAVE, WHERE IS THY VICTORY? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ,

No comments:

Post a Comment