Wednesday, October 28, 2020

 

Will My Voice Be Heard?

            When my Friend and I visited her aunt near Sacramento, California, we wore out Trump hats and shirts. My friend’s aunt wore the Trump hat and shirt we’d brought her as a thank you gift for allowing us to stay at her home and as her birthday gift. I was pleasantly surprised about two things. One was that there was so much support for President Donald Trump. Almost everywhere we went from Lake Tahoe, to San Francisco, to Big Trees Park with giant sequoias, we were greeted pleasantly and enthusiastically. There were a few rude confrontational people who fussed about our garb. One was at Lake Tahoe where a man became agitated and tried to shame me. He became almost livid when I said I wouldn’t vote for a man with dementia.

            Another was in downtown San Francisco. A man was about to close the passenger door of the car with a cup of coffee on the roof. I mentioned it. When he climbed out to retrieve it, he turned to face and probably thank me, then recognized what I was wearing. Without a word, he climbed back into the car and sped off after the radio began to blast music, “F___ Trump.”

            I saw many friendly faces. One was a Navy Seal who said, “I’ll watch your back “as we strolled in the crowds.” It helped that it was earlier in the day. Many of those who “protest” and riot were probably still in bed where they couldn’t hide in the darkness.

            In San Francisco, we gave a man a Gospel tract. He said he’d tried several other religions before becoming a Christian. His job required him to drive through cities along the West Coast. He also said southern Oregon boasted a forest of Trump campaign yard signs.

            This past Monday, I was to gather my friend at car dealership. Her truck needed service. As I waited, I spoke with a gentleman who traveled along the East Coast for his job. He said as he drove up a ramp into New York City, he saw a building with a row of flagpoles on top. American flags alternated with Trump flags in downtown New York. He shared that he was quite surprised at the sight.

            Are we being lied to by the media and their pollsters? After their embarrassing misjudgment supporting Hillary Clinton, there is only one way to stop their power of misrepresentation of facts and that is to prove their ideals and attempts to direct Americans to swallow their lies as truth and that is to VOTE for Trump and have him win by an undeniable landslide.

No comments:

Post a Comment