Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Wearying Weekend Woes

I posted on Monday the stressful week that I’d had. It was routine until Thursday when my concerns began to blossom. The router on my computer decided that it had worked enough and retired. At the same time, my cell phone also gave up, leaving me almost cut off from the world. (Not quite…It’s the drama.)

Friday it was a hustle to get a router and new phone. I listed the several difficulties I encountered and the pressure of being home on time for a repairman. With new phone and the router in place, I was only slightly better off. Because I’m less than proficient with the computer and electronics, I couldn’t synchronize them, still unfamiliar with my new cell phone. I convinced my son-in-law and daughter to help me. I’d volunteered to be the docent for the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society and needed to be there Saturday morning.

After the historical Society, I came home, going later to our assistant pastor’s ordination exam. I’d never attended one before. It lasted two hours and thirty minutes. Hurrying home, I had to call the youth to see who would need a ride in the church van for the morning.

Two kids needed a ride. For safety reasons, there’s always a driver and a chaperone. We drove to their home. The house was dark. I rang the bell and knocked with no answer. We drove an empty van back to the church for choir practice. Later I found the kids had overslept.

After church I couldn’t find my insurance card or owner’s card I needed to have my car inspected Monday morning. I thought I may have to cancel, but my other daughter followed me home from church and got reprints on the computer. Although I certainly had my share of concerns, God allowed each problem to be fixed when I needed them to be operational. I attended church services Sunday evening and the Monday car inspection went well.

I got two loads of laundry washed, dried and put away. I love the smell when they’re hung on the clothesline and dried. The driver of the Sunday school van mentioned while we made the fruitless trip that he was going to buy some apples to make cider, another blessing or me and for him. I’ve made schnitz (dried apples), and given away to several people. My two trees are still hanging heavy and had been trying to find someone who needed them I picked nearly two bushels of my surplus for him. He picked them up. “I said come and take all that you want or need.” His apple blossoms froze in the spring and they didn’t bear fruit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment