Friday, July 19, 2019


Strange Day
On Wednesday evening while at a prayer meeting in our church, someone mentioned my name for prayer to get an end of my lingering head cold. Initially, I hadn’t thought much about asking for prayer for something as simple as a summer cold. As the disease continued from one week into another, I still thought of it as almost insignificant. When I woke Thursday morning, much of my tiredness had dissipated and the cough had resolved to a minimum disturbance. If God numbers of the hairs on my head numbered, I shouldn’t have been surprised because there is nothing in my life that my heavenly Father isn’t concerned with.
I decided to do my laundry now that I had some energy. It was definitely needed. I was down to my last few pairs of clean underwear. It was wash some or I would have no clean under drawers. It was almost to the point of me choosing to have no gutchies or to wear long johns and in this hot humid weather that was not an option that appealed to me.
After the laundry was washed, I hung the clothes out on my solar and wind powered green clothes lines. While collecting the dried ones my lawn mower repairman stopped by. I’d called him earlier in the week because the belt came loose for the riding mower. With the congestion in my head; I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to slip the belt back onto the pulleys even after watching instructions on hoe to do it on You Tube.
When he left, I still felt like I had some energy remaining and began to mow my yard. I finished about 2/3 of my yard when it seemed like the belt had again slipped off the pulleys. I figured I had watched the repairman and could now replace the belt to its original position and finish my lawn. Not so fast. As I felt my way under the carriage for the belt, it felt unusually loose. Searching further, the belt had snapped.
Calling the repairman, he couldn’t believe that the belt had broken. Earlier this past spring he’d replaced the old belt with a brand new one. It was too warm for me to pull out my walk behind mower last evening. Until he can replace the belt, I may try to finish the lawn tomorrow with the walk behind mower early morning while it’s still cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment