Friday, July 26, 2019


Nun of My Business
One evening when another nurse named Bill and I were working in the emergency department together, three nuns were delivered to us from a nearby automobile accident. The ambulance crew hurried them one after another onto beds to have their injuries evaluated. These nuns were of the old order. They were dressed in the black full-length robes including the coif, wimple and veil. In addition they were wearing chains, ropes, and plenty of undergarments.

Let me say this. Anyone who would make the decision to rape a nun either has no idea of what he is getting into or else has all the time in the world to achieve his goal. I could not believe the amount of clothing these women donned each and every day of their lives; that is until I actually started to undress them so I examine them and get them into hospital issue gowns. It was a full fifteen minute endeavor before I saw any kind of bare flesh at all.
It was just like peeling an onion, layer after layer. Underneath the ankle-length robes were all manner of cloth folds. Every sort of binders, tee shirts, ropes, and safety pins must have added fifteen pounds to their weight. It was a crazy patchwork quilt. After much diligence, they were freed from their habits and tucked safely into one of our gowns for examination by our doctor.
One of the registration clerks found out what we had done and was offended that men were undressing the nuns. There weren’t enough women to evaluate the nuns quickly and it was necessary for Bill and I to do a cursory examination of the nuns.
I told her, “I’m a professional” and I could “undress and examine a woman without seeing anymore than if she was wearing a bathing suit.” When it was necessary for me to help a woman undress, I would loosen and push down to the blouse to the top of her chest, then place the hospital gown over her. I’d finish removing the blouse, brazier, etc. while she was covered with the gown. I’d pull the gown over her, then place a folded blanket or sheet across her middle to examine the rest of her chest, abdomen, and pelvis. Pulling the gown further down, I’d remove the slacks or skirt to examine the legs from the feet to the top of the thighs.
Once my evaluation was complete, I’d turn the examination over to the physician. The woman was covered at all times preserving her dignity. I was just thankful that the nun’s injuries were only minor and that I didn’t have to figure out how to put them back into the habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment