Friday, April 6, 2018


Just Like the Airlines
Just like the airlines, I’ve overbooked. Since Sunday, I’ve been busy and won’t have a break until next week. Sunday past, I drove to Uniontown to my son’s house for Easter to attend his church and stay for the afternoon meal. I had a great time visiting, but had to hustle back home for evening services at my own church.
Monday, I attended the opening home game of the Pittsburgh Pirates at PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The temperature was a bit chilly, but I was able to attend wearing my infamous Col. Sanders outfit, get on television, and be stopped by other fans for photos without freezing to death.
Tuesday, I became taxi driver for a friend and fellow writer. She needed a ride to Aestique clinic in Greensburg for treatments. It was necessary for someone to drive her and to stay there while she was having the procedure and to drive her home.
Wednesday, I attended the famous monthly meal for the Grande Dames of Frick hospital where the retired nurses gathered to break bread with an “eat and greet.” As soon as I’d eaten, I hustled away to the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society to learn “ins and outs” of the museum. Later that evening, I drove to church for Wednesday evening prayer services.
Thursday, I needed groceries and had an appointment to have my knee evaluated. The x-rays revealed little change from the ones taken 2 years ago, but because of increasing pain, the doctor injected my knee. An injection 2 years ago caused the pain to diminish. Hurrying back to Mount Pleasant to the library, for be leader for the writers meeting.
Friday, there’s a meal I must attend with friends.
Saturday, my morning starts by helping to assemble portions of the Gospel, stapling them in booklets, then cutting them to size for a ministry called Seedline. They’re usually printed in a foreign language and prepared for missionaries to use. The last 8,000 plus copies were printed in Korean.
Here’s where the fun begins. I confused my days and also promised to be docent for Chestnut Ridge. I’ll have to cut Seedline short for the other. That’s what happens when I get my schedule overbooked, even with a pocket planner. Later I can relax and have a post-Easter meal with my family.
Sunday I have morning and evening church services with Sunday school wedged in. Monday will be a stay-at-home-day, doing laundry, dusting and vacuuming. Oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment