Monday, April 23, 2018


Gimme a Break
I believe this week will be lighter than the past two weeks, at least I certainly hope so. It has been “finish one project or appointment, then on to the next.” I think I’ve given a new meaning to hurry and scurry. The first week of April, I attended the Pittsburgh Pirates opening day game, drove a friend to the doctors and for her groceries, had lunch with retired nurses from Frick Hospital, kept a doctor’s appointment for myself, worked with others assembling the Scripture of John and Romans for the Seedline ministry, attended my daughter’s birthday party, and acted as docent for the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society. I attended revival services all week, except for the teen rally last Friday.
This past week, I attended the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society’s regular meeting on Tuesday, put in a workday on Wednesday, and was their docent on Saturday. Friday was my senior driving refresher course. I checked several times to be sure that AARP wasn’t in any way connected with the program. I am of the opinion this company cares less about seniors than they care for our money.
I had an invitation to do my usual “fry sausage” at the Ohiopyle Volunteer Fire Department’s spring buckwheat dinner for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but I already had plans for the driving course and acting as a docent, so I had to decline. Sunday I had church, Sunday school, and evening services.
Saturday at the Historical society, I continued to clean up, clean out, and rearrange things to make more room. Oh. By the way, I was appointed corresponding secretary and wrote my first thank you card while I was there. I cleaned three cupboards and several desk supply drawers. I moved things into storage to open more room, then put away the newspapers, maps, and photographs into their containers. All that is left for me is to sort through the heavy filing cabinets. Their drawers need straightened, but I want to wait until someone else is there to direct me.
Done? Not quite, my daughter-in-law Renee posted a photo of my son Andrew mowing his lawn. Shamed, I mowed mine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment