Friday, April 15, 2016


Col. Sanders Visits PNC Park

            Yesterday, I went to PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with some friends to watch the Pirates play baseball. I had so much fun the last time I visited in September wearing my Col. Harlan Sanders attire. I decided to give it another go. I had to hunt through my closets and storage bins to reassemble it. The shirt, lab jacket, and ribbon tie were together hanging in the closet. My white canvas belt, a left over from my stint in the Navy, and my white pants were in another closet. All I needed was the cheap white fedora that I found at a Party Store.
            The hat remained elusive as I ironed my shirt and my pants. I don’t mind ironing, but these pants are a real torture to press the wrinkles out. I am not sure of the material, but even folded and flat on a closet shelf, they looked like a white prune. Even with them sprayer with water and Magic Spray Sizing, getting the wrinkles out was a real chore. It was easier to iron a wrinkle into the cloth than to iron some out. Finally, everything was assembled, except the hat. I finally gave up and went to church for the Wednesday night services.
            I thought when I came home to search one more time. I looked through areas I had searched earlier. Old man, old eyes, I might have missed something. I was a man on a mission and didn’t forget what I came into a room looking for. Trudging up the stairs, I walked into the room where I’d been ironing hours earlier. Casting my eyes around the room, I saw the prize, my hat. It was nestled in a plastic bin. I placed papers on top of it to clear my ironing board. From the new angle, I could see it through the side of the bin.
            I was told that I was on television at the Park, but I’m not sure. I haven’t see it, but I was asked to pose with several people at PNC, but the most photo ops came at the Eat & Park restaurant in New Stanton. The manager came out and asked to take one of me. There were two women who sat near and we began to chat. They thought that it was funny, and I sat in a pose at their table, before leaving.
            At the end of the day, I was very tires, but I had a wonderful day with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment