Monday, August 18, 2014


Oops, I missed Friday

I don’t know why, but I missed posting on Friday. I could blame it on old age, because I am getting older, but I did have a lot on mind. Forgetfulness is the reason that I started the blogs. I wanted to write down the stories that I heard of my family so that my kids wouldn’t have to rely on teir memories when I pass on.

Too many things that my dad and mom told me or that I saw were being lost in the bustle of day to day living and to preserve our heritage, we need to write down those stories for later generations. The stories of walking to school in deep snow drifts fighting bears is a bit of an exaggeration, but my dad, his brothers and his sisters did have to walk over a mile to school in all kinds of weather. It was a wooden, one room school and all grades were taught by one teacher.

I want to write as much as I can, because all of my mom’s family had Alzheimer ’s disease and it always something that concerns me.

I have a calendar with dates on it but I don’t look at it and I forget birthdays and anniversaries. I just missed my son and his wife’s eleventh anniversary and I am upset with myself that I missed it. I think I will hang the calendar in front of my computer screen. Maybe that way I will see and remember these things. I have a doctor’s appointment today, and I was thankful that they called last week to remind me. I don’t want to miss one of those. They’d charge me if I didn’t notify them and then I would have a devil of a time making another appointment.

I’m doing penance because I missed Friday’s post and I am doing a double post today. I apologize that I didn’t get a pot out on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment