Monday, April 18, 2022

Wheels Falling Off My Wagon

I do believe that it’s finally happening. Cogs are starting to slip and the wheels are beginning to fall off my wagon. I’ve had the usual forgetful mishaps where I’ve forgotten where I have put something or walking into a room and forgotten why I went into the room and what I came for, but nothing I’ve done in the past compares to the faux pas I recently did. I’ve shared about the accident in the Wal-Mart parking lot where a man backed his truck into my Chevy Malibu causing 3,500 dollars worth of damages. I had to rent a vehicle while my car was in the shop being repaired. I filed the accident under my insurance policy, but I didn’t have car rental on my policy and would have to send the bill to the other insurance company. I was glad I used my policy, because I got a call from his company offering me 1,500 dollars to have my auto repaired. The guy seemed miffed when I told him I’d filed under my insurance. He didn’t give me a phone number to respond.

Fast forward, I decided to call the other man’s insurance company to see what I needed to do to get the reimbursement. Because I didn’t have a phone number nor could I remember the representative’s name, I got a generic number to reach the insurance company. Somewhere in my brain my cells short circuited and I thought the other driver’s insurance company was Progressive. (Perhaps it’s because I am so irritated each time I see Flo’s face with her inane commercials.) I called the number and began my spiel of the accident, date, and driver’s name. On a pad at my desk, I had several numbers; some were the vehicle registration number, the NAIC number, and the man’s phone number. Patiently the young man on the other end of the telephone reviewed each number and the other driver’s name and each time he came up empty. As I reviewed the information I’d collected at the scene of the accident, I noticed something very important that I’d missed. The man’s insurance wasn’t Progressive, it was Safe-Auto. Chagrinned, I apologized profusely. The agent on the other end of the phone call had a good laugh. I said, “I imagine that you’ll have a good tale telling your co-workers about this call. He was able to give me the phone number to Safe Auto and I wished him a Happy Easter.

Fortunately, my next call went much better and I was able to get the information as to how to submit my bill and the address where to send the bill.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment