Friday, June 25, 2021

 

Vacation Bible Busy

Today is the last day of our Vacation Bible Time. Our Pastor decided with all of the confusion with schooling during the 2020 and 2021 year classes of home schooling, mixed days of being in the classrooms or classrooms at home, with masks or no masks. Many of the parents whose kids were home and were to complete their assignments from an online session hated it and found it more difficult than being in a classroom setting. I know of one kid who has to go to summer school because she refused to do her assignments.

Friday will be the last day of VBT and I am so thankful. This week has had something to do for each day. Monday I had cardiac rehab, then working the kitchen for Vacation Bible Time. Cleaning, cooking and serving. Meatball sandwiches, chips, or pretzels made the menu. Each day we have had an average of 21 kids and 12 to 16 adult leaders. The kitchen isn’t like an army mess hall, but for two people it kept us stepping.

Tuesday was another VBT and another lunch. Meat and cheese hoagies, chips, cookies, and finger Jell-O. Cold drinks were always available.

Wednesday, cardiac rehab, kitchen duty and Wednesday evening prayer services. Wednesday’s menu was grilled hot dogs, baked French fries, cookies, and finger Jell-o.

Thursday’s menu was chicken patty sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, cookies and the kid’s favorite, finger Jell-o. As soon as I cleaned up by wiping tables and countertops, I made a bee line to my urologist for my follow-up examination from the prostate laser procedure. I was taking my granddaughter home after VBT. She sat in the waiting area while I was examined. We stopped at a grocery store to buy bananas for my breakfast and grandpa bought a red pop and an orange Dreamsicle for each of us. I thought that I didn’t have anything planned for Thursday and how quickly things change.

So far Friday has only kitchen duty chores scheduled, but that is enough. Friday’s menu is pizza bagels and apple sauce. No biggie’’’Right? We will be using plain bagels that will need sliced, sauced, cheesed, and topped with pepperoni before we bake them in the oven. When we serve, we will have to be careful that no little reaching fingers are burned as well as offering salads and apple sauce. Prayers are requested PLEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment