Tuesday, June 8, 2021

 

Almost Back

So quickly the busy times of my life schedule has returned to a level I had before my open heart surgery. There is something for every day of this week, with some days, more than one thing. I recently started my cardiac rehabilitation. That necessary imposition on my time is three times per week for six weeks. It is to rebuild my strength and stamina.

Tuesday I had an enjoyable time with fellow classmates from Connellsville Area High School, Class of 1967. It's not the huge every 5 year “Class Reunion,” but rather several friends who like to keep meeting to reminisce, eat, and find out what is happening in each of our lives. As usual, the chatter is spiced with corny jokes and laughter. It is so nice when someone hears of our meeting and joins us for even one luncheon, because we can learn how the newbie is doing and what is happening in their life.

Wednesdays will always be the worst with the rehab, several hours at the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society, then prayer services in the evening. The church has a van route and gathers local youth for the teen fellowship meeting. I have assumed the responsibility of contacting each youth to see if they will attend and if they will need a ride. So all in all, each Wednesday will be hectic and busy. I just finished editing the newsletter for the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society. That's another challenge to seek and gather local historical items and present them in a way that holds the interest of our readers. Part of Wednesday's workday is to prepare copies for mailing to members.

Three times each week, I write my blog and post my thoughts for others to read, and it's not always easy to think of something that is new to share while trying to keep the subject interesting for my readers. If I should want to share a past happening in my life of which I've already written, I try to use a different viewpoint or express new facts of ideas about the tale.

After seventy-two years, I have experienced and seen much in my life. I share so that someone else will learn things to avoid, and what pitfalls and mistakes that I've made. It probably won't change minds, because stubbornness and temptations are a human frailty that isn't easy to ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment