Monday, October 7, 2019


It Distresses Me
As a child I was raised to respect God, my parents, my teachers, and people in authority. I developed a feeling of loyalty to my church, my country, and my flag. I was taught the Constitutional values of life, liberty, and the desire to pursue happiness. I had no illusions of my rights impinging on the rights of my siblings or my friends. My parents would set that right with a smack and “give that back to your brother.”
Things have change dramatically over the years that have passed since my childhood. Life today is no longer considered sacred or valuable. Abortions are being promoted and paid for by the government. Those who murder are given slaps on the wrists or protected in “sanctuary cities.” Some politicians are encouraging civil unrest, promoting violence against our police, and supporting their constituents to take the law into their own hands against those who do not have the same partisan views as them. Lies have replaced truths. False accusations have replaced actual evidence. Laws are being twisted into horrendous almost unrecognizable meanings that were never intended.
Liberties and rights are being stripped away in the name of safety and security. Laws forcing views not held by Christians violating the tenets of their faith are instituted under the guise of equality. Foolishness is being promoted and substituted for wisdom. Manmade “intelligence” is replacing knowledge and common sense.
Public assistance by the government is trying to sell happiness instead of allowing people to pursue it. That plan didn’t work in ancient Rome with bread distribution and entertainment from the Coliseum. Rome collapsed on itself under the staggering burden of taxation.
America has come a long way down that same road to perdition. A country once founded on the freedom to worship God in the manner they choose has now all but turned its back on their Creator. America is a land that grew powerful and great because God blessed it. Those blessings will only continue for so long before God withholds his favor and judgment will fall on the United States. Israel turned its back on God. He was slow to anger, but his punishment did fall on them time after time. They chose to have a relationship with idols instead of the Creator who wanted them to be his chosen people. I pray that the same time of Ichabod isn’t happening for America.
Unless there is a real revival with a return to recognize God as the holy being that he is, to honor him, and worship him, America will cease to be a great nation and will face his anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment