Wednesday, October 9, 2019


At Your Service
So far this week I have heard 4 wonderful sermons for our revival meetings, 5 if you consider the message that was given in our Sunday school class. This week we have the evangelist Dwight Smith speaking for revival services at Mt. Zion Community Church. He’s a very energetic and dynamic speaker. Last night was “invite a friend to attend” meeting with a dessert fellowship to follow. After my Facebook invitation, several phone calls, and a couple of face to face invitations to attend, I didn’t see anyone I’d asked to come, but there are still 2 more nights of preaching. However, the missed chance for the “sweet” fellowship afterwards no longer exists.
I rarely bake anymore, so instead I made pudding dessert. Crumbling gingersnaps, I laid the bottom crust and spread pumpkin spice pudding with whipped topping over it. Once it chilled in the fridge I spread a layer of whipped topping over the pudding. It stayed in the refrigerator until just before church, then I topped it with crumble made of melted butter, crushed ginger snaps, and chopped pecans. I managed to claim a spoonful sample at the fellowship and thought it tasted good. Others must have thought so too. The dish was empty except for a teaspoonful that stuck to the sides of the container. I’m glad it went over so well. I never know what others will think when I make up a new recipe and try it for the first time. Church members sometimes become my tasting judges. No one’s died yet from my made-up concoctions.
It’s been a busy week so far. Monday was a doctor’s appointment. Yesterday my contractor came to install several new windows and reapply calking to the others. He’ll be back on Thursday to replace an old door. Today I have my usual workday at the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society, but I might do some yard work before another evening service at church. Thursday evening will be the last of the revival meetings. And yes, the invitation is still out there.
Friday I plan to fry sausage for the Ohiopyle Volunteer Fire Company. It’s for their “Buckwheat and Pancake Festival.” I may slip out to fry again on Saturday morning before attending the wedding of an old friend’s child.
Sunday will be my usual Church, Sunday school, choir practice, and evening services routine. Is it any wonder that at my age, I still need a nap?

No comments:

Post a Comment