Monday, January 7, 2019


It’s God Calling
I had plans for Friday. After taking a friend to her morning appointment for physical therapy, I had planned to pull my ladders from the basement and give my chimney a good cleaning. My son gave loan to me his chimney brush and the rods. However, on my way to the appointment my front wheel made a grating sound. That isn’t something that any driver likes to hear.
As soon as I got home, I called my mechanic. He told to bring it over to diagnose the problem. Once my car was up on the lift, he popped off the wheels and as I thought, the brake pad was wearing thin. “About a month and they’ll need to be changed.” The rotors were starting to have grooves worn into them as well. He suggested that I change them. I’m mechanically dyslexic, but I could see the wear on the brakes and the wisdom of changing them before I really had problems. He’d have to order the parts, so I go back this week for repairs. When I returned home, I decided to eat lunch and wait for the sun to completely dry off my metal roof before I attempted to climb Mt. Everest to the chimney top.
I’ve had several episodes with disequilibrium and my fall in 2015 causing two bleeds in my head, I’m not comfortable higher than one story, but I cautiously will climb onto the roof of my two story house for a chimney sweep. As I waited, I began to feel nauseated, then a bout of disequilibrium arrived. I checked my blood pressure. It was a little high, but my blood sugar was okay. I waited to see if it would pass. It didn’t and my pulse became irregular for a short period of time. No roof for me right.
The ill feeling continued all Saturday, although my pulse steadied. The irregular beats usually last 30 minutes. My kids say, “Go to the hospital,” but by the time I’d get to there, the symptoms would be gone and they would be evaluating nothing. By Saturday evening, I was feeling a bit improved, but my equilibrium was still off. Darkness interrupted my rooftop plans again.
Sunday was church day. Morning services, Sunday school, then we had a gathering for a noon meal and combined evening services. Everything had improved to the point that I may have been tempted to make an ascent to the peak, but I choose not to work on Sunday since I’ve retired. No more forced labor on the day of rest. God has spoken. I am hoping he gives a good health and weather day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment