Friday, August 24, 2018


Tired Eyes
Wednesday I spent the morning at the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society gathering the items for our display table at the LHTC Broadband Customer Appreciation Day on Saturday. The Society has had a table display each year. They also have a booth at the annual Flax Scutching in September. I made a few suggestions at earlier meetings and found myself in charge. I’d never been responsible for putting together the display or arranging the manpower for the booth. Thank goodness for other older people. It was an eye opening experience for me.
Wednesday evening I went to prayer meeting; a normal service with nothing out of the ordinary happened. Finally to bed, eyes tired. Lately my one eye would seem slightly blurred after wearing my glasses all day and I made an appointment for Thursday, to see what was happening. It was time. I hadn’t been examined in quite some time. My vision was only blurred when both eyes tired and tried to work in tandem. I wasn’t seeing double. When I covered each eye, the blurring went away and had good vision, but the hazy eyesight returned when looking with both eyes.
The exam went well and I found that my glasses were now too strong for my near-sightedness. Age may be improving at least one part of my body. The medication that the optometrist dropped in each eye stung for a bit, but soon the blurriness spread to both eyes. Back into the chair after about 20 minutes and the bright light exam of my inner eye started. She found nothing out of the ordinary and sent me on my way.
At home, I grabbed a snack, then headed outside to mow. Thank goodness for sunglasses. I’m not sure I could have finished my lawn in the bright sunlight without them. The pupils of my eyes were still dilated from the drops. I was glad to be back inside. My eyes were very tired and burning followed by a mild headache. It was an early night for me, uneventful except for the normal middle of the night bathroom runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment