Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Hey Bud What's Happening

 Hey Bud What’s Happening
Yesterday was another Connellsville Area Senior Highschool monthly get-together. It was a time of laughter and some tears. About eight peoplegathered to have lunch, tease, and talk. The topics may range from memories to what is happenng now. With all of us getiing older, the issue of our health and complaints of knee pain, back pain, and general aches will come up, but rather than to dwell on those things we make jokes and change the subject.
I shared that we purchased a memorial brick for the Cameron Park in Connellsville, Pennsylvania for a class mate who has graduated to his heavenly reward. It wasn’t a pleasant thought of John no longer being able to share a meal with us.
Sharing the receipt I got in the mail for the purchase of the brick caused a few tears, even our wait-person Heather was missing him and teased us about John’s now absent humor. Just before we finished eating, two younger, good-looking men entered and sat a table away from where we were gathered. Our loud teasing flowed over to them. We heard their conversation, which caused our interaction with them. It was their first time at Bud Murphy’s and as they perused the menu, we made suggestions, but jokingly “warned” them about Heather the wait-person.
As I said, the young men were handsome and one of our class ladies tried out her “cougar skin” and teased them, saying she needed a better view. I think she was still wound up about finding a dead battery in her car yesterday. I commented that at least the battery for her pacemaker wasn’t dead. It is a wonderful relief from the stress and strain to be with friends and let our hair down. (For those who still have hair and for others who have occasional “bad hair” days)
Before we left, I gave each of the men my business card. I am still writing in my blog and am trying to write another novel, so until I publish again, I pimp for readers of my old books and for those who read my blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment