Monday, July 22, 2024

A Brain Overload

 Sometimes a Brain Overload
There are times when I sit and stare at the computer trying to think of things to write, but not so today. When I woke at 3:30 am, I was hit with a deluge of ideas. It was a stampede. So many thoughts tumbled out one after another. There was no order to them. They were just a jumble of thoughts, some notheing more than a fleeting image then they were gone, like the riccochet of a bullet in the old-time westerns. PING.
The first stray notion was about neck ties which led me to contemplate which tie I would wear when they decide to plant me. I don’t want to be boring and sober for those who peer at my lifeless form. From that I remembered that my Wife Cindy Morrison Beck didn’t want anything in her casket but her. I remember chosing a long sleve dress because her arms were abused with needle pricks from the hospital and buying daisies to camouflage the casket.
Morbid thoughts soon turned to comical ideations where I could continue the joke I created with the inception of the Tie-of-the-Month Club. I’ve already used it to spoof others three times and a variation to torture the fourth. I had the inkling of how to styretch it to a fifth person, leading back to the fourth character. I’ve decided not to wear out my welcome and have dropped it for now.
There were other flickers of mental pictures that shone brightly for a second, but they were so fleeting they didn’t register long enough to create a memorable image, then…
Thoughts of things I needed to do today sauntered in drawing me back to reality. Chores somehoow have a way of grounding a person. The plans for working somehow take the fizz out of my dreams. When I finally rose form my bed, I began to write this post. I am not sure whether it’s easier to stare at a blank screen and strain to write something or to be overwhelmed with ideas to be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment