Friday, April 26, 2024

 In My Dreams
I rarely remember my dreams. For the past two days I heve remembered them. I know there are those who “interpret” dreams like Joseph did as a boy and while he was jailed in Egypt, but Im not one of them. I don’t own a book of dreams that tells someone what the detaills of a dream means. There are others who believe that a dream is just warped replay of things that have occurred over the past few days like a marred reception on a television where wires get crossed. I don’t know if either are correct, I just know what I have dreamed.
When I woke this morning, the impression that remained was the American slowy furling and unfurling. There was a gentle breeze stirring it. The flag was partially hidden behind a sign. A soft light illuminated the flag, but not the sign hanging in front of the flag. The sign remained blaack. The backdrop was a foggy haze without distinguishing features. It wasn’t a scary dream, just a curious one.
The other dream that I remembered from the past week was a dream where I became lost inside a mall like structure with halls and walls almost like a maze, As I wandered, I couldn’t recall getting there and couldn’t remember the way to leave the building. I had no idea why I was there; I only remember my frustration as to how I got there and had no idea how to escape.
But there is more. I am outside without any knowledge how I got there. I only have a vague memory of pushing out through a double glass door into the cold and snowy parking lot. None of the cars in the area are familiar to me and I continue my attempt to leave the area. Although the lot is coveered in snow, the cars are not. The cars are free of snow and I can see the sea of vehicles as I meander through the maze of steel bodies searching for mine.
My dreams always seem bizarre, unlike my Gram Rebecca Rugg Miner. She would tell us stories about her dreams that came true. The simplest to believe was the dream of the snake in her flower garden. She recognized the situation from her dream and killed the snake.
The most illogical was her dream of a car driving down their farm lane. She was looking out her bedroom window. Looking down, it seemed that the driver had no head. It came true. A car drove by, the porch light was on and the shadow cast put the driver’s head in shadow and he lookes as though he was headless.

No comments:

Post a Comment