Monday, May 23, 2022

 

Beetlejuice

It was an odd weekend starting Friday evening. It was another outreach where our church works with the Bearing Precious Seed program. It is a printing consortium where another church in Milford, Ohio reproduces entire Bibles or smaller versions of the Gospels of John and Romans. They print the Word of God in many languages for distribution worldwide. There are teams who travel to churches that volunteer to assemble and staple these interpreted pages into books that can be distributed by missionaries to people who need to have a copy of God’s Word in a language they can understand.

It began Friday evening when we unloaded the supplies from their trailer. Boxes of the covers printed in German, bundles of texts, electric staplers, and the nearly one ton trimming machine; all rolled down a ramp and into out gymnasium. The supplies were placed at assigned tables and the assembly process started. The first tables folded the covers. People at the second set of tables sandwiched the Gospel text inside the covers. We stapled the two parts together, then the booklets went to the trimmer, to remove the excess material. The finished books were boxed up ready to be shipped.

After we stopped for the night, I drove home. The weather was so beautiful; I jumped onto my mower to cut grass until darkness fell. I finished making the salad to take for lunch the next day, then went to bed.

Eight AM back to the assembly line, this time I chose to staple the booklets. Seedline is hoping to add ours to the 2 million copies to Germany for a special set of meetings in August. Our 11,000 Gospel books will be a portion of the Gospel shipped. We finished assembling just before noon, ate lunch, then disassembled each part of the manufacturing process and reloaded the truck with machinery and the boxes of finished John and Romans.

Back home, I finished mowing then did odd jobs around my house before my nap. After my evening shower, I went to bed with my hair still damp, not a good idea. As I stared in the bathroom mirror Sunday morning to shave, I saw and older Beetlejuice with bad hair staring back at me. After wrestling my coiffure back into place and shaving, I went to church. I think it’s time for another haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment