Friday, February 18, 2022

 

Stuck in the Middle with You

The week isn’t finished yet and I’ve been kept busy. I will continue to be busy until Monday. This past Wednesday started the ball rolling. It’s my usual busy day with four hours as a volunteer at the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society. We were adding some photographs to the articles of our upcoming newsletter. Then is the usual Wednesday evening is prayer meeting, but I was the chaperone for the teen riders so the chauffeur can drive without the young people causing chaos.

Thursday I went grocery shopping and visited my daughter Amanda. At the store as usual, (especially now with the evils of inflation in place) I spent more than I’d planned. It’s embarrassing and frustrating when I go into the store for a loaf of bread and exit with three or four bags of groceries. But then again, I don’t plan to starve. Today I am to be an adult sitter for a friend’s grandmother who has recently had surgery and can’t be left at home alone. Those in the family are good friends and all are busy. The grandkids still have school, her husband has to work, and her kid has doctor’s appointments most of the day. I’m not sure how long I will be engaged in my nurturing nursing role. We’ll see.

Saturday, I’ll be joining other church members to pass out gospel tracts and candy door hangers in a local area. We hoping that we won’t disturb the residents, unless they have yapping dog doorbells that go off when someone approaches their front door.

Sunday I’ll be going to church services and Sunday school in t5he morning. As soon as Sunday school is over, I’ll be borrowing the church van to pick up an old Army stretcher for use in our Easter program. I teased our Pastor saying, “Can I borrow he van, Dad?” It made him smile when I shared why I needed to use it. Another church is lending the stretcher to us. I’m so thankful that they are allowing us to use it. I checked on line to see the cost of Army Surplus. It was almost fifty dollars, then there would be shipping and handling fees. I’ll need to pick the stretcher up on Sunday so I won’t impinge on their generosity. Then I’ll attend Sunday evening services.

No comments:

Post a Comment