Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Little by Little Inch by Inch

So much has happened since Christmas Eve. There are so many reasons that I was unable to post on my blog or to keep up with postcards and Bible verses. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to fill in a few answers. Since my hypoglycemic episode and face plant in Walmart on December 21, 2020, so much has happened. Blood work, x-rays, and conversations with my doctor. She’s a very caring and concerned physician. With the blood work results she discovered my kidneys weren’t functioning like they should and that my potassium was very low. Long story short I was admitted to the hospital Christmas Eve and have been a denizen there until last evening.

I’m still not out of the woods yet. I will still be taking medications, some orally and some IV pushes. Visiting nurses are coming in to check on me. It’s official…I’m over the hill. I have several phone calls to catch up on fuel oil, appointments, etc. There are chores that were left undone that I need to catch up on. Slow and steady, otherwise I’ll wear myself out.

I’ve had several volunteers, but what and where do you ask? I’ve never been that guy. I was so thankful that my neighbor’s grandsons, Ken and Ben came over to shovel my driveway clear. They’re such good young men. This is the second time they’ve helped. Thank you.

This is just a few lines until I can get my head screwed on straight. There are more shares to come. I made several new friends and acquaintances, but I’ll introduce them as my brain allows.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment