Monday, January 27, 2020


Long Weekend
It actually started Thursday. I’ve been contemplating when I would buy a newer car. My 2011 Chevy Malibu was starting to show its age. I’d driven just over 100,000 miles and had no major problems, but superficial rust was beginning in spots around each wheel well. I’ve known it’s needed new struts on the front for more than a year and the tire service gauge alert has been malfunctioning for nearly as long. It was the superficial rust that spurred me into activity. I wanted to wait until spring so I didn’t have to drive a newer car in the winter road salt, but I was afraid that if I waited, the rust would become cancerous and eat away at my vehicle.
I decided to go to C. Harper auto dealership in Connellsville, Pennsylvania. I’d checked their inventory and saw several newer models of Malibu. I liked the way my 2011 drove and looked, so I was lured into their dealership. To make a long story short, I now own a 2018 white Malibu. It’s the same color as my 2011 and unless someone looks closely, they won’t notice the difference.
Friday I attended a writers meeting in Latrobe. Jan, my friend rode with me and said she likes the seats better than the old ones. The seats are easier for her to climb into and out of with more support and the interior roomier. I’m still trying to figure out the radio.
Saturday, I needed some items that probably could have waited, but with the new car, I wanted to get used to driving it. Besides that, the gasoline tank was below half and I’ve always been one of those drivers that like to have their tank more than half full. I think that habit started when my kids were young. Back then, there were no 24 hour convenience stores. They were all closed overnight. I was always concerned that one of my children might be injured or become sick and I wouldn’t be able to get them to the hospital.
While I was out, I noticed my cell phone wasn’t announcing notifications from Facebook. Since I was close, I stopped at the Verizon store to see what was wrong. I met a wonderful representative named Kate. She struggled to find the problem even Googling for information. Others had the same problem and they too had no resolution. One users answer was that it came back spontaneously. I left without the problem being solved, but when I came home, I saw notices that others were having the same problem. Later, it rectified itself.
Yesterday included the usual Sunday activities of church, Sunday school, and Sunday evening services.

No comments:

Post a Comment