Wednesday, January 15, 2020


It Sneaked Up on Me
Lately I’ve been trying to write the blurb for my blog posts the day before. It allows me to read what I’ve written and to iron out any mistakes or rough spots. I didn’t yesterday and here I sit this morning. I forgot that today was a Wednesday post day. I used to write a post every day of the week until that became too burdensome.
Recently, I’ve been asked by several people for more people who have read my book “Addie” to write more about her, Daniel, and little Ronnie. That is what I have been doing. I am not sure it will be a story that they will enjoy as much. Although the emotions of this new tale are as intense as “Addie” the plot has shifted from Addie finding the true reason and meaning of love to her granddaughter Hannah.
The book opens with Ron hurrying to his adopted father’s side, summoned by his adopted mother Addie. After a short vigil, Daniel dies and eventually Addie moves into Ron’s home. Ron’s daughter forms a strong bond with her grandmother as she grows from a baby into a young girl. Ron loses his job, Addie dies, and the family must make choices. Hannah is blindsided by the flurry of misfortunes.
Ron finds a job, but it is back in his hometown of Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania. Because of limited finances, most of their belongings are sold to make the move. The move away from her school and the only home she has known only added to Hannah’s grief and confusion.
The rest of the novel is to be about the adjustment of the family settling into a new environment and a new routine. It was Ron’s hometown, but everything is new for Hannah: a new neighborhood, a new school, and new people. Will she ever make new friends at school and in the town? What new hurdles will she find? Will there be a turning point for her grief and confusion?
As write, I begin to address these concerns flesh out this skeleton of a plot to a point that it will interest a reader, even one who hasn’t read “Addie.” So, I was engrossed in working out the plot, I completely forgot to write a blog yesterday. If my writing seems a bit rough I apologize. I did have a small and blessed reprieve. I had lunch with my high school friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment