Wednesday, March 22, 2023

 Worries, Not Me
“Don’t Worry, Be Happy” was a song that was a hit not very long ago. It suggested that a Happy-go-lucky life was the way to go. Some may think that this is a fable, a mythical creature like the unicorn. I just want to remind my readers that the word worry is not mentioned in the Word of God. It is never mentioned, although many passages point to the word in many other forms. The feeling of worry is never in a positive sense. It is always negative.
A lot of the passages say to “fear not” because God will take care of His own. The Word shares how God takes care of the sparrows, the lilies, and His children. He never forsakes His own. Time after time the Bible shares how God guides and protects us. It shares that God is faithful. The rising of the sun and moon and the rotation of seasons show His design. He has each star named; think of the number of them that are spread out through the universe.
God has each hair on our heads numbered; on some of us he has less work to do than on others. He knows the number of grains of sand on every beach along every ocean. God says don’t be concerned. I created this world and all that is in it. I am in control.
When the storms in life come along, remember that Jesus, God’s Son spoke and stilled the wind and the waves. And why not; He merely spoke and created everything into being from nothing. And today, the worlds and all that we can see, feel, and hear is being held together by His will.
I’ve tried to eliminate the word worry from my vocabulary. The closest I come is to substitute the word worry with the word concern. When I am concerned, I am compelled to turn it over to God. In my weakness God reveals His strength. I can’t think of anyone or anything stronger than the Creator of the universe. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment