Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Look to the Sky
In the past few days, the sky has been so intensely beautiful, I can’t express in words the vivid colors and design I’ve seen. Even Bob Ross with his happy little “wet on wet” techniques would be hard pressed to come close to the excellent expressions that God has painted. I take photographs of the most impressive and share them on Facebook, but they only stir memories of skies that I have seen in my past.
One such sky was while camping at The Great Sand Dunes of Colorado. As we arrived, vast arches of rainbows greeted us. There were three rainbows that slowly dissolved into one, growing brighter as they joined together. Later that night as we set up camp there were no lights for miles and the sky was a velvety black. Huge bright stars hung just out of reach above our heads. The air became even clearer and stars more pronounced after the storm and its dazzling lightning display passed by. The rain seemed to clean the air and polish the stars.
I’m also reminded of the hues of the sky and its reflection in the ocean at the northern tip of Newfoundland. As we waited to board the Northern Ranger, the sky melted into the water of the bay. They almost melded into one. Only the ship moored there gave definition to the location of the water.
The sunrises and sunsets from my house have been so very impressive. The colors have been so intense that they almost seem artificial. The smorgasbord of passing clouds adds even more interest to phenomenal designs in the sky. The skies’ palette is filled with pastel hues to brilliant primary colors. That boggles my mind. The old adage comes to my mind, “A picture paints a thousand words.” But it fails miserably at describing the majesty, beauty, and colors of the various skies’ presentations.
I like to think that this is the underside of Heaven and if the bottom of Heaven is this wonderful, I can’t imagine what Heaven will be like. I am at a loss for words to try and describe what Heaven will actually look like. I do know the Bible describes Heaven as being filled with jewels and having streets of gold. Heaven’s gates are huge pearls. It’s an eternal place where moth and rust can’t destroy. It is too great a thought for any human to comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment