Wednesday, July 22, 2020


Woo Hoo Tuesday
Tuesday was a busy, but very enjoyable day. In the morning, I moved to another level on Candy Crush. Later I went to lunch with several senior citizens. Ha, ha, they were fellow high school classmates that try to gather once month for lunch and to talk. The Covid 19 panic put the kibosh on our get togethers for a bit, but we’re back together again. It’s pleasant to reminisce and relax. This gathering is less formal that the class reunions and we’re able to laugh and talk about trivial things. Joking and laughing between bites is the norm. I had a steak sub with fried onions and fries. Our leader, an Annette Funicello look-alike had a massive plate of spaghetti and meat balls. Take home boxes were needed. When I got home, my daughter Anna was there. She’d missed church Sunday morning because of a sinus headache and missed receiving a gift from a friend. She wanted to know what it was. I refused to tell her, so she had to come over and find out what it was.
My daughter often feels warm in church and carries a collapsible fan in her purse. One of her friends saw her waving it and bought a battery operated fan. She gave it to me because Anna was absent and noy knowing was bothering Anna, so she came to my house to find out. She searched my home, but had to wait because the fan was still in my car.
Our annual picnic for the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society was later on Tuesday evening. I decided to take two cheese balls. One I bought which was port wine and cheddar, the other I was made from scratch: cream cheese, horseradish, cheddar shreds, and bacon, but when I went into the kitchen to open the cream cheese, Anna had seen  it on the counter, thought I’d forgot to put it away, and put it in the fridge. I got the cheese mixed using, muscle, a potato masher, and smooshing the ingredients together.
The rain came. It was a real downpour. I was worried about the picnic, but knew that we would be dry inside a finished barn where we usually set up the banquet tables. It’s a beautiful place with the patio area overlooking a small lake that has a pair of beautiful white swans and a couple of cygnets. The hot humid air had cooled with the rain, and it was a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment