Wednesday, July 15, 2020


Sunday Munchday Chooseday Wednesday
While attending church Sunday, my friend and frequently my traveling companion asked, “What are you doing tomorrow?” When I said nothing pressing, she asked if I would like to go with her to the “Trump House.” The Trump House is a two-story older house just outside of Latrobe, Pennsylvania on Rt. 982. The house is painted in red, white, and blue to resemble the American flag and has a cutout image of President Donald Trump that stands two and a half stories tall at one side of the house.
Monday morning we drove off with her three nieces in the back seat. My friend likes to drive her truck because she doesn’t like sitting so low in my car. We decided to eat before we visited the Trump House and made a slight detour to Denny’s restaurant. Denny’s menu has a wide variety of foods from breakfast to dinners at a reasonable price. Her three nieces could pack away the groceries, polishing off two appetizers and each ate their breakfast platter.
The Trump House has one room filled with souvenirs with Trump themes. Hey Nancy, Trump has pens too. Bins of tee shirts, flags, lanyards, and signs filled the small room. Within limit, these items are given away for free. As I stood outside having my photo taken beside the towering President Trump, a loud-mouthed cretin drove by and screamed, “F---in’ retards.” It didn’t bother me. I have many friends who can’t understand why I support our President, but there was another family waiting to take pictures. With the father and mother were two kids, a girl of 7 or 8 years old and a boy of 12 years. It shows the intelligence of the guy in the car.
Tuesday I mowed my yard, shopped for a few groceries, and stopped for lunch. I had already placed a side of ribs in the crock pot, but didn’t feel like cooking for lunch. I planned to just grab a burger, but changed my mind when the special was liver and onions. When the plate arrived, it looked especially bland. Everything was brown except the peas, but the pea-green hue did little to brighten the plate.
As I ate, an older couple came into the restaurant. They scanned and discussed the menu, finally settling on a glass of water, a mug of coffee, and hotdogs. I was feeling magnanimous and as I left, I had the waitress add the price of their meal to my check. I wonder what they thought when they left?

No comments:

Post a Comment