Friday, February 14, 2020


Ride Ride Ride Let It Ride
This past week it has been on the road every day. Sometimes it has been giving rides to others, while other days it was driving myself to appointments. Monday, I needed to collect my granddaughter Hannah from school and take her home. We had a nice time talking and watching her play.
Tuesday was a gathering of our 1967 graduating class from Connellsville Area Senior High School. It was just an informal monthly get together to eat and talk. Attendance was light for this meeting, but we still had fun and shared stories and laughs.
Wednesday is the usual workday at The Chestnut Ridge Historical Society. Four hours of sorting and storing records. I also used some of the time to collect possible articles and interesting local stories of local occurrences for our next newsletter. It is always interesting to find buried information of people, places, and happenings of local history. Sometimes the stories have to be condensed while wishing more tales could be included. Many times it is difficult to choose which articles on which to report. So many historical moments are stored in our files. Deciding which ones to use often comes down to personal preferences and what the staff believes will interest the most number of readers.
We also list upcoming speakers and bus trips. There is a speaker on the Paranormal and a trip to Lancaster to see the play “Esther” at the Sight and Sound Theater in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Wednesday evening is the usual prayer meeting service at church. Thursday was an early rise and shine. My best friend needed a ride to an upper G I endoscopy and needed to be at the hospital at 630AM. UGH, I was awake, ate a light breakfast, showered and was at her front door by 545AM. I bumped into my cousin and another nurse I used to work with. Once the test was through, I drove her to pick up some new medications, then we stopped for breakfast. I like Valley Dairy’s home fries when they’re fried extra crispy. Once home I hauled in some firewood to keep my house toasty with the coming cold snap. I was able to catch a quick, but necessary regenerating nap. I relaxed while I finished reading a book I’d taken to the hospital as I waited. I do like to read the character of J. P. Beaumont, a homicide detective from Seattle, Washington written by J. A. Jance. His character sort of reminds me of my character, Tommy Two Shoes Minerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment