Monday, November 18, 2019


Goodhearted Men Still Exist
My daughter shared this story with me Saturday evening while she was working on craft projects in my basement. Although she and her husband James own a home, they live in their basement to allow his mother and two brothers to live in the main part of the house. This arrangement has been going on for nearly four years. With no room for her to create and finish her art projects, she came to my house to get ready for an upcoming craft vendor sale.
Now, I’ll share the story she told me about her husband James.
“I'm going to brag about how amazing my husband is! He went to Wal-Mart yesterday and saw a police cruiser parked near the front of the store. He did his shopping and when he came out he saw that the cruiser was still there. He went back inside to grab a drink and a Starbucks gift card. When he came out the cruiser wasn't there. He went to his truck, put the grocery bags in and started getting in himself. He then spotted the police cruiser coming down the parking lot. He jumps out of the truck and motions for the police officer to stop. The officer asked my husband if he could help him. My husband told the officer he wanted to thank him for his service and to give him something. He handed the officer the gift card. The officer was in tears and said that no one has done anything like that to him.
I don't know this officer's name, but I do know that this officer puts his life on the line to keep us safe! I'm so thankful to have a husband that wants to give back to those that have done so much for us!”
She shared a similar story Sunday evening. She and James were entering a store and saw an unmarked empty police cruiser at the front. They bought another gift card and waited. Then the trooper emerged, they handed the card to her. At first she refused, but after some persuading, she accepted.
Yes, there are still caring and giving people in the United States. People that are still wanting to make things better for others; especially those soldiers, firemen, emergency responders, and yes, even the police officers who go about their daily tasks to protect fellow Americans from the evils that exist in this world today. Thank you to those men and women. Take the time to recognize and honor them.

No comments:

Post a Comment