Monday, November 11, 2019


Blessings from Being Busy
I recently posted that my lightly scheduled week quickly turned into a week with something happening on each day. A phone call on Monday to schedule my semi-annual dental exam and cleaning was the start. I never expected the receptionist to say, “Can you come in today?” I was free and agreed, going in for the opening in their schedule and for me opening of my mouth. The blessing of the routine checkup was that I had no cavities.
Tuesday was my appointment to have the manifold replaced on my car. I dropped it off at the mechanic’s garage after going to the polling place to vote. My daughter picked me up and we spent some time together. One place we stopped was at her polling place, so I was able to teasingly say that I went to two voting places. If the Liberals can do it, so can I.
My car wasn’t quite finished when I returned to the garage. As I sat in the waiting area, I met a lady. I asked if she liked to read. When she said yes, I gave her my business card. Then she said “Wait. Let me see if I have my card in the car.” When she returned, she gave me a postcard sized advertisement for her husband’s business. He is one of the crew of the television program the “Barnwood Builders,” Meeting that lady was another blessing for me.
Wednesday was my usual time at Chestnut Ridge Historical Society and then Wednesday evening prayer meeting at my church. Time with friends at the Society and in prayer, hearing God’s word is always a blessing.
The second phone call I made Monday was for an eye exam and for me to order new glasses. Thursday was my appointment. I knew the doctor was going to place drops in my eyes to dilate the pupils, so I did all of my grocery shopping before and even perused frames for my new spectacles before my vision became blurred. With eye exam done, I cruised the aisles of Walmart for the last few items that weren’t available in the other stores. The sky was overcast when I left the store. The medicine had nearly worn off and made it home safely.
Friday was the Veteran’s program at Mt. Carmel Christian School where the students and faculty presented an emotional tribute to veterans from all branches of the military. The students gave personal recognition and thank you to each veteran present. It was a real blessing to see that young people still remember those who have served to keep America free. Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment