Monday, November 2, 2015


Called to Task

            A schoolmate has called me to task for a remark that I posted on Facebook. It was a post that I shared of our President and a chimpanzee. He said that my post “hit below the belt.” Then yesterday, I was hit a second time by the sermon on respect of those in authority. They were put there by God and not by my vote or anyone else’s vote. Even though I dislike the man’s policies, his stand on so many things, and his deportment, it has carried over into disrespect of his office as President.
            I will still stand firm against the things he does, when it runs contrary to God’s Word, but I will be less caustic against him personally in my posts and my comments. I apologize to any people that I have offended with my remarks about him and will try to curtail my insults. I have been chastised and will try to be less complaining because I have edged closer to denigrating the office of Commander-in-Chief. My apology extends President Obama and to Governor Tom Wolf.
            My toes were tramped on by our Pastor yesterday morning when he spoke on the disrespect for authority in our country today and I readily agreed with him, but when I examined myself in the mirror of God's Word, I was as guilty as many others. I had respect for my parents, our teachers, our veterans, our military, our police, but fell short when I disparaged the men God allowed to be elected into office. My disparaging attitude and the disrespect of others have created a generation of young men and women who dishonor and have become insolent to our laws and authority.
            It may be nearing a time when God stops blessing America and starts to judge the United States. When a country turns its back on the Creator, spurns His laws, and disrespects Him as the ultimate authority, He has no option but to judge it. These leaders may be the way that He uses to destroy this nation. The sins of abortion, continued attacks on God-given freedoms, same sex marriage, and the suppression and opposition of Christians in our country rise as a stink to Heaven. Our country is teetering on the brink of destruction and unless there are people who will stand firm against sins against God, not Allah, we will continue to slide into the pit called Hell.
            To be honest, I have not been praying as much as I should for our leaders and I will attempt to do more, praying that God will change their hearts and that God will lead them.

            “Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.” Acts 23:5

No comments:

Post a Comment