Wednesday, June 5, 2024

 I Have Been Trying
For quite some time I have been trying to get a Facebook friend of mine to go to church with me. I share talks with him and have offered to have him join me for walks. My daily walks have lessened and I really need to get back into them. I give him a shoulder to cry oon when he is having problems. I finally managed to meet him for a quiet meal at a local restaurant. We had a nice meal and talked, but so far I haven’t been able to entice him to come to church.
He knows our church and went to school there before our church school closed its doors. His reluctance to visit with me is because he has fallen away from basic tenets of the church and has become slack in following the precepts of the Bible. I still will try to help drawa him back to church.
There is more rain in the forecast and I have been struggling to keep up with mowing the grass. I managed to wash two loads of clothes and cut the grass yesterday. There was one small area of grass I wanted to get cut. That small patch gets swampy when it’s wet and the weather forcasters are predicting several days of rain, but now even it is trimmed.
Later today I plan to volunteer at the Stahlstown Historical Society. If you haven’t visited yet, there are displays of local history, access to records, and information on many family histories. The space is less than we would really like to have. It limits what can be put on display and able to be viewed. It is a repository for artifacts, photographs, maps, and documents of our local past. The hours are 11 am to 3 pm Wednesdays and 10 am to 2 pm on Saturdays. The admission is FREE.
I am still planning on downsizing. A four bedroom house is much too large for an old man. I am trying to decide whether to go through the jungle of paperwork to purchase another smaller house or whether I want to move into a rental. There are pros and cons to both, I just need to decide and forge ahead. Without my wife and without kids in the home, my homme has become just a house and no longer the home where my memories are stored.

No comments:

Post a Comment