Monday, October 9, 2023

 OOPS, So Sorry
Awhile back I made a post that one of my readers found offensive. It was never meant to stir up trouble or to cause distress. It was an inadvertent reference that was written in my usual exaggerated style to draw readers to my post. It was meant to be done in an exuberant, showy manner to catch a reader’s eye. It was not to sling slurs nor was it meant to upset anyone, especially my readers. If I could withdraw that post, I most certainly would. In my writings, I try not to offend anyone. I try to write what is happening to me, my past, or my family’s history. I will try to be more cautious and more selective in my wording and the intent behind my posts.
To my reader that became offended by my posting, I am truly sorry that I caused you any distress or ill feelings. It upsets me that I caused any type of insult or hurt. It was never meant to be that. It was only to add drama to a shared story. I humbly regret any concern you had with my writings.
It is difficult for me to think of new ideas and to compose a different story. There is only so much I am able to dredge up from my past. Sometimes I rewrite something I’ve shared before, but I don’t like to do that very often. Sometimes I stray when I write, and I am overcome with my own sense of warped humor and I believe that’s what gets me into trouble. I will try to curtail my playing with words, sticking to the facts. My posts may be a bit drier, but hopefully I won’t offend anyone else Again I must apologize to anyone that I have upset and ask for forgiveness. I’m not sure the person will read this post, but I do hope that I have the chance to apologize.
I’m crushed. I found out that I unintentionally also broke a trust. I am sick to my stomach. Trust is not easily gained. It’s a fragile thing. Once it has been broken it is almost impossible to repair. Where do I go now and what do I do to try to make amends. I know that it will never be the same. There will always be scars to mark the breach. All I can do is to try to remain a friend in days ahead. Again I am so very sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment