Wednesday, October 18, 2023

 Sharing a poem of retrospect

Beyond the Never-Mind
When I think of what could have been
And I review what’s passed behind
I wonder what I might have seen
Beyond unexplored never-mind.
My youth seems to have quickly passed
Learning things that had worth or not
As knowledge and wealth were amassed
The Never-mind was what I sought.
Each selection growing older
Each choice led me along a path
Now I look over my shoulder
To see ones made in haste or wrath.
If I could change them in hindsight
Would I take the same path I’m on?
Would I choose going left or right
Not knowing what lurks ere the dawn?
The past is fixed, I move ahead
Walking on firm paths or rubble
I cannot fret about “instead”
Never-mind’s a fleeting bubble.
All never-minds are in the past
Far beyond today’s narrow view
Will I ever know what will last?
Without backward glance in review.
Maybe something I’m reaching for
Something that still remains hidden
Yonder behind the next closed door
On an odd horse not yet ridden
Never-minds unnoticed before.
Traveled but never to return
Paths ahead are often unsure
In passing or will I sojourn?

No comments:

Post a Comment