Wednesday, January 11, 2023

The J of W Letter
I guess the elevated cost of gasoline has caused the Jehovah’s Witnesses to start a letter writing campaign and dispense with the unannounced personal visits for now. I received a letter saying or resident, so I responded with the following letter of my own. I got no response, so I’m not sure if they are unable or unwilling to reply.
Since my daughter no longer lives at this address, I must assume because your envelope included “resident” it must be addressed to me. I am glad to know that you are concerned about your neighbors as am I, and that is why I am responding to your letter. I too have found joy and peace even though the world around me is in turmoil. It’s because I have hope for an eternal tomorrow through Jesus Christ my Lord. His death on the cross has paid my sin debt.
I’d like to have answers from your church leaders. How can Jesus be just “a god” when the Scripture clearly states in John 1030-31 that He and the Father are one in the same person. John 4:9 says by seeing Jesus that they saw the Father. In 1 John 5:7 the Bible says that all three members are One. Jesus has the power to take away sin (John 1:29). Jesus was called the Word of God in John 1:1, the verse says that the Word WAS God.
In the past the Witness leaders prophesied that the catching away of saints would occur in 1874, 1914, 1925, and in 1975. So either these men were false prophets, having been proved false. They have also said that only 144,000 dedicated followers will be able to enter heaven. Surely there have been many more faithful and dedicated followers to the Witnesses. Who will judge those followers and what will happen to those who haven’t reached that work-based level? Ephesians 2:8-9 states, “For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works lest any man should boast.”
Very plainly the Bible teaches there is an actual Heaven and there is a Hell. Jesus mentions Hell much more often than He does Heaven.
Galatians 1:8,9 “But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.”
Finally, how can you teach anything from the Bible that is taken out of context and shared under false pretenses? Revelations 22:18-19 says, “Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God.”
I would be glad to hear back from you with answers from your leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment