Friday, January 20, 2023

 There Are Days
There are days like yesterday when I feel like throwing a tantrum and say, “I don’t wanna…” The feeling of writing something for my blogspot is almost giving me fits. I almost want to throw myself onto the floor, kick my heels, and scream, “No, no, no more!” Sometimes it is sheer laziness on my part and other times I have no idea of what subject to write about.
Over the past several weeks I’ve been writing and reviewing articles for Down Memory Lane, the newsletter for the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society as well as writing for my blog Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I also post in the National Minerd-Minard-Miner-Minor Website and Reunion on Thursdays. The pace often stretches me thin. I guess I’m a bit egotistic because I believe someone may miss reading my thoughts. (I almost said read my mind and I’m sure no one wants to go there. Oooh scary.)
I’m also plugging away a bit at a time to write another book. It’s completely different from all of my others. My first four books were “cozy mysteries” about a retired homicide detective from Pittsburgh, Tommy (two Shoes) Miner. The fifth book explored the biblical story regarding the capture of the city of Jericho. It is fiction but I tried to keep it historically correct. The question I probed was how did Rahab, a harlot meet, fall in love and marry a Jewish enemy, Salmon? There union produced an son that was in the lineage of David and Jesus.
The sixth book was a love story about a woman who understood nothing about love until she began to care for an orphan. The novel was set in the 1940’s. The locations were entirely local and if someone has lived in this area and reads Addie, they should recognize and feel as if they had once walked the same paths.
The seventh book is called Hannah’s Messiah and shares Addie’s granddaughter Hannah dealing with the recession and the death of her grandmother. I wrote it after several people wanted to hear more about Addie, her marriage, and about Ronnie. Ronnie was the orphan that Addie adopted and was the father of Hannah.
The book I am attempting to complete now is a story of a trapper and his mongrel dog. It shares their hardship, an unexpected friendship with a Native American, and their adventures in the wilderness. The struggle of the trio during times of blizzards and extreme dangers force them to draw close for survival and friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment